In the meantime, we've begun 1984 and, having only read the first nine pages, its already sparking some interest. I've gathered numerous articles within the past couple of years dealing with technology and government, two major themes of this novel, and after sharing only three of them with the class, the discussions have begun. My goal is to raise awareness with these teens so they don't end up with mush for brains because the computers, smart phones, GPS devices, and government provisions do everything for us.
Anyway, as spring time settles in and we think of wrapping up another year at MHS, we've still got a few loose ends to tie up. So, students, hang in there and tell me what you think:
- What are your thoughts about the social issue research paper?
- What's been your favorite novel this year?
- What classwork did you enjoy?
- Do you feel you've grown and improved as an English student this year? How?
- Do you think you're a bit more prepared for life in college thanks to this course? How?
- What might you miss the most about MHS?
- What advice would you give to students taking this class in the future?