Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Quiet Inspiration

When I picked up the book from the "adult reading" table at my daughter's school book sale last year, I had no intention of finding the time to read it between work, home, school, and all that comes with it. But one quiet evening I read the first few pages and was immediately drawn to the simplicity and sincerity of the author's memoir. Suddenly, I couldn't put it down. And over the next few days I found myself smiling, wondering, crying, dreaming, and simply enjoying this woman's journey and her amazing family. As a mother, woman, teacher, daughter, and wife there are so many things I took away from this book and quickly found it's predecessor. Here, I share with you "The Gift of an Ordinary Day" by Katrina Kenison. I'm due for another dose and just might read it again

The gift of an ordinary day

No comments:

Post a Comment