Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Autumn Activities

We are well into our novel and have settled into a routine as fall approaches.  It is my favorite season - I've already decorated my house and my classroom!  My family has plans to attend Halloween events at the Detroit Zoo and Greenfield Village.  My daughter's 7th birthday is fast approaching as is the birth of my nephew.  Such a busy, beautiful time of year!

As for our class, Janie has been through her second husband now and is loving her freedom.  She's come to grips with the fact that she hasn't found the love and relationship she so desired with her husbands so she is going to live life her way for a while.  Students seem to be doing well as we move through this book.  Comprehension is good, writing skills are decent.  I still love using the audio book read by Ruby Dee. 

As we continue, we'll have another quiz on Friday and then another chunk of chapters.  And there should be paper assignment coming up soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment